EPRM is a two player simultaneous rescue mission in which you as Jake or Duke (refered to as Link on the back cover) must rescue Professor Sarah Bellum and free the enslaved hostages before they are turned into Robo-Zombies! Find and break into food and bomb lockers to get special weapons to help you destroy the Evil Reptilons.
Hints and Tips
- Save bombs for use on the Evil Reptilion
- Learn the layout of the factories for faster progress
- Use your firepower wisely. Remember, each shot lowers your ray power slightly so more powerful weapons can be lost
- Try to rescue all the hostages for a larger life bonus at the end of each level
- Don’t hang around in the Canal Zone, the time limit is very tight
- Remember two players means twice the firepower!
Theme & Style
Escape from the Planet of Robot Monsters flaunts so much style and campy sci-fi clique it’s hard not to love. From it’s hard-as-snails space marines dressed in brightly coloured spadex jumpsuits, to the sexed up factory workers enslaved by the Evil Snake-ish Reptillions.
Oozing this much sexual inuendo could easily have turned into an limp gimick quickly. Thankfully, EPRM backs-up it’s digs at the sci-fi genre with some excellent Lichenstein inspired artistic style and an overall quality that will captivate the player till the game’s climax.